PHASE 3 - PROJECT OBJECTIVES/MILESTONES
PHASE 3 - PROJECT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The Phase 3 Scope of Services dated May 2, 2013, contains detailed information on the runway use measure evaluations and the overall process and requirements for Phase 3. Click here for current schedule based on scope of services major tasks.
The primary objective for Phase 3 is to investigate runway use measures and then develop an effective runway use program comprising those runway use measures that would provide noise relief to communities surrounding Boston Logan International Airport without affecting aviation safety and efficiency and would be consistent with applicable legal requirements. The Phase 3 Scope of Services (PDF 273 kb) was developed to achieve this objective by prescribing an analysis process and developing a means to communicate information.
PHASE 3 – PROJECT MILESTONES
- Update the 2015 Baseline Noise Analysis
- Identify Potential Runway Use Measures
- Conduct Qualitative Evaluation of Potential Runway Use Measures
- Conduct Noise Analyses of Feasible Runway Use Measures
- Recommend Runway Use Measures to Include in the Runway Use Program
- Conduct Final Noise Analysis of the Runway Use Program and Compare with Baseline
For Phase 3, a smaller Technical Committee has been established to serve as an integral group in providing a forum for FAA, Massport, and CAC members who provide insight on the process and technical results of Phase 3. Select this link to view a current organizational structure of the Phase 3 Technical Committee.
This page contains Technical Committee meeting-related materials produced during Phase 3.